The Three Brooks Environmental Scheme is located to the east of Sheffield city centre covering a large area including the Manor, Manor Park, Darnall, Arbourthorne and Norfolk Park.
Central to the scheme are three important watercourses:
- Car Brook
- Kirkbridge Dyke
- Jervis Lumb
The scheme aims to improve protection from flooding to nearby homes and businesses. It will also provide sustainable drainage systems and other environmental features for new housing developments and for improving water quality.
Progress and next steps
- AECOM appointed as consultant to carry out planning and development work and complete reports by Summer 2017
- Submit a detailed report to the Environment Agency to secure main funding.
- Invite interested contractors to bid for the main construction element of the scheme (once funding has been secured)
- Appoint construction contractor in Spring 2019
- Complete main construction by Autumn 2020