We are committed to protecting Sheffield from flooding, following the devastating floods of 2007. In 2012 Sheffield almost suffered a repeat of the 2007 floods.
The Government has a National Flood Programme which supplies the majority of funding for flood protection schemes. We have registered six important schemes with the programme at a total cost of £83 million.
The programme’s six capital schemes are:
- Sheffield Lower Don Valley Flood Protection Scheme
- Sheaf Catchment Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Sheffield Upper Don Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Upper Blackburn Brook Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Sheffield Watercourses – Culvert Renewal Programme
- Three Brooks Environment Scheme, Manor